Published on October 2nd, 2012 | by Extant Magazine0
Extant Magazine Seeks Fresh Contributors
Internship Positions Available
Extant, an online magazine (extantmagazine.com), is seeking writers and social media buzzers with journalism backgrounds to contribute to the life and culture online publication.
Extant Magazine serves as a tool and informer of “Christian Life in an Everyday World” to its growing readership, targeting 20-somethings to 40-something year-olds. Featured topics include movie and music entertainment, book reviews, columns, news updates, spiritual growth articles and personal profiles and more.
What makes Extant Magazine different? Personality without the “preachy,” care for localized content, and openness for edge. While Extant is still developing its voice, the sites strives to make readers do a double take while providing factual and practical insight.
- Social media intern: must strategically utilize today’s top social networking tools to enhance and expand the Extant Magazine brand.
- Feature writer: must produce long-form feature articles on weekly or bi-weekly basis. Can include, but not exclusive to spiritual growth subject matter. Candidates must be willing to conduct phone, or in-person interviews, research facts + figures and submit story ideas.
- Culture contributor: includes movie, book and music reviews or news write-ups on today’s latest in the arts and entertainment scene. Not exclusive to Christian topics.
- Marketplace advisor: should excel in Internet research and have an affinity for crowd-sourcing and business advertising. Candidates must be tenacious to help grow a developing area into a thriving section of the magazine.
- Multimedia contributor: love shooting videos and photographs? Contribute to Extant as a multimedia intern. Requirements for this position are still developing; inquire for more information.
- News feature writer: must objectively report current events in long-form or short-form style. Articles will range from long-form reports on today’s issues, to quick-hit news blurbs.
All inquiries should include an updated resume and a one-paragraph letter expressing your interest in a specific position. Send to Heather Ronaldson firstname.lastname@example.org